Char Minar stands in a maze of alleyways between Pushkin and Hoja Nurabad in Bukhara. His name means "four minarets" in Tajik, but this interesting little building with four towers was actually a gatehouse of a Medressa. The Char Minar Gatehouse was built in 1807 along with its Medressa. Its architecture is more Indian than the Uzbeks. UNESCO restored the collapsed towers in 1998.